Saturday, November 7, 2015

Life Changing Magic of Tidying up Section 2

I have read through section 2 and want to share some of my thoughts.
In this section,  Marie covers, in detail, how to discard. You must finish this step completely before moving on. She starts off talking about how important it is to do things in the right order. Even more, she says you need to visualize your destination before you even begin to discard. What does this look like? She had one client, who wanted to her space to allow her to come home from work, have a clean floor, have a clean room. She wanted to be able to have a nice bath, listen to music, and fall asleep with a feeling of unhurried spaciousness.
I wondered what I wanted. I want to be able to wake up and have coffee. Be able to home school, and do crafts and fun projects, and not have to focus on cleaning all day. Just feel at peace and feel joy in my home. Once you have decided what you want, then you start the discarding process.
The biggest thing to remember when entering this phase,  you are not choosing what to throw away, you are choosing what to KEEP. She says, keep what items spark joy. When you start, it is important to start on the easiest catagory so you can develop your skills when it comes to the harder things. She suggests that clothing is the easiest place to start.
When starting this process, she suggested that family not be there. This is not really possible for me, but I definitely see where she is coming from. Grace sees a toy she hasn't played with for months, and it is all the sudden her favorite. So this would be a good time for a sleep over with grandma and grandpa's! She says this whole process can take up to 6 months. That is the longest she thinks it should take. I think that is do able. The second section is mostly focusing on the WHY and the importance of the PROCESS. I am anxious to read the next section and get into the guts. I was going to attempt to start this process before finishing the book, but I decided after one drawer, I need to read more. So stay tuned for section 3!! Until next time♡

No comments:

Post a Comment