Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A peak into my life

This is the face of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Everyday I wake up. And pain has already started it's work. I speak positive truths and get myself out of bed. Every step hurts. Every step. It hurts to move. But I do it. I don't even give pain a chance for attention. I have two kids who need me to super mom. So I tend to them. Pain is still waiting for me. Still testing it's boundaries. I pause while making breakfast. You can do this, you got this. Positive self talk to keep myself going. I feed the kids, homeschool and some crafts. I give myself permission to sit for a little bit because the pain is really wanting to rear it's ugly face. I take meds to knock out the pain. I win for the moment. Life as usual. Dinner time. Pain found its way back and is hugging my spine and hips. Get off me. There is no place for you in my body. Smile Kari you got this. You are choosing joy. Thoughts of how unfair it is that other people can enjoy normal fun, lives, sneak in. No way. Step behind me satan. I will NOT buy into those lies. I get to experience God's strength more than most, because God promised that He is made perfect in my weakness. I win again. Finish the night with my family. Husband is home and momma can rest. Whew.
Everyday is a battle, and everyday I choose victory. Life is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment