Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Good morning!! Its a great day!! Last nights dinner was awesome!  Firecracker chicken stir fry. Wow, I loved it and James thought it was the best meal so far!!  It was also very very easy.  We were going to have fish for dinner tonight, but we are still waiting for our fresh fish so that may be later this week.  Tonight's meal will be Lasagna soup.  That looks amazing so we will see what it turns out like!I am really excited because my friends baby is due real soon.  We are having a super bowl party with them after the baby arrives and I am going to bring all the food!  I have always wanted to do this!  I have already started planning which snacks and dips, and yummy foods I'll be bringing!  And even better our babies will be watching their first football game together!
I have been wondering if chefs, one who cook all day every day, ever get sick of it?  I can't imagine.  I love planning and cooking!  And I have been scrap booking the recipes.  My cookbook is coming together nicely.  It's also fun because will have tried every recipe in my book.  I suppose most cooks do when they write a cookbook.
This Friday is my Husbands birthday!  My sister and I are going to be making a cake for him.  I can't wait to post a pic.  We will be using fondant for the first time.  We decided that if we are going to open a cupcake/cake shop we better know how to use that right?!
Well, everyone, have a wonderful Tuesday!  I'm going to nap now as Grace has finally given into her sleep!

Fire Cracker Chicken Stir fry- Kraftfoods.com

what you need

1
Tbsp. oil
1
lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
3
cloves garlic, minced
1
 red pepper, cut into strips
1
cup snow peas
1
can  (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/3
cup KRAFT Light Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1/4
tsp. crushed red pepper
2
cups hot cooked long-grain white rice

make it

HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir 4 min. or until chicken is evenly browned.
ADD pepper strips and snow peas; cook 2 to 3 min. or until peppers are crisp-tender and chicken is done. Add water chestnuts, dressing and crushed pepper; cook 2 min. or until heated through.
SERVE over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment