Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's Saturday!! Wow! It has been really fun this week to plan and cook all the meals!  Last night we had "Tasty Italian Chicken" courtesy of  Taste of home magazine.  It was amazing if I may say so myself!  I did cut my finger while dicing onions tho lol!   Grace pulled my pants down just was I was making a slice and oops!  Lol! The whole meal was under 300 calories a serving! We also watched the movie Bridesmaids. That was an awkward movie!!  But we watched to the end lol.
Tonight is a date night!! No cooking! We will go out to eat and do some shopping!  Well man shopping that is.  Dicks sporting goods is not my first choice of shopping, but Im betting I can find something pink and sparkly there for sure!!
Sundays dinner is "Fire Cracker Chicken Stir Fry" from the Kraft app on my phone.  It looks really good!  As for next week I have 4 recipes planned.  Still need to pick a few more and make my shopping list.  Maybe Grace will nap well today so I can get that done!
Well have a great weekend!! I'm getting back to my coffee!

Tasty Italian Chicken- Taste Of Home


  • 6 Servings
  • Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
102030

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1-1/8 teaspoons paprika, divided
  • 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
  • 1-1/4 cups water
  • 1/4 cup tomato paste
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins

Directions

  • In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 teaspoon paprika in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika. Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
  • In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Discard bay leaf. Serve sauce with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment